Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Family Magic

Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of being ordinary. That my mom baked cookies instead of brewing spells. That my dad lived with us, not on the demon plane. All I ever wanted was to be like everyone else.

I know what you're thinking. You'd die to live in my world. How cool would it be if magic was real and you could do anything? 

You have no idea. Here I am in another new town, but it's the same old thing. Cheerleader bullies? How original. Friendless again? Who's surprised? I suck at fitting in. Especially when I'm in the middle of saving my family from total destruction.

My name is Sydlynn Hayle, and that's my life.

Trade you.
My Review:
Syd wants so badly to be a normal teenage girl and at the very least not shunned at every new school she goes to.  I felt so bad for her in the beginning of the book but then things really started to move and Syd found her own personal way to adjust and make a few friends.

Once Syd starts to accept her place in the coven and learn her powers things really begin to get exciting.  She is one kick ass teen let me tell you.  I laughed out loud when I read the mean girl party scene! Go Syd!

One of the sweetest moments is when her mom bakes her cookies, read the book and you will know what I mean.

I adore this book and now I will need to start with book one and read the entire series.  I hope you treat yourself to this talented author too.
Amazon         B&N    

Patti Larsen is an award-winning middle grade and young adult author with a passion for the paranormal. But that sounds so freaking formal, doesn't it? I'm a storyteller who hears teenager's voices so loud I have to write them down. I love sports even though they don't love me. I've dabbled in everything from improv theater to film making and writing TV shows, singing in an all girl band to running my own hair salon. 

But always, always, writing books calls me home.

I've had my sights set on world literary domination for a while now. Which means getting my books out there, to you, my darling readers. It's the coolest thing ever, this job of mine, being able to tell stories I love, only to see them all shiny and happy in your hands... thank you for reading.

As for the rest of it, I'm short (permanent), slightly round (changeable) and blonde (for ever and ever). I love to talk one on one about the deepest topics and can't seem to stop seeing the big picture. I happily live on Prince Edward Island, Canada, home to Anne of Green Gables and the most beautiful red beaches in the world, with my very patient husband and four massive cats.
ONLINE LINKS:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment